A government scheme named 'Community Sponsorship' allows us to bring two or three approved families fleeing from war-torn Syria to a safe home in Cardigan. We will meet them at the airport and provide a home and an integration plan. They can work from day one, and have the same benefits and support as a British family, for five years. They can then apply to stay here if they wish, or return to Syria if appropriate. We have interpreters, schools, teachers, homes and friends ready for them.
The government scheme demands that we have enough money in our charity to show that we can do the job well. We need to raise £9,000 to save a family. If you would like to donate or to help in any way, do get in touch.
Community Sponsorship is:
· separate from government schemes
· paid for and run by the community
· monitored by the Home Office
· innovative: this is a new way to address the immigration and refugee challenges in the UK
· modelled on Canada's successful popular scheme which has run for 40 years
· open to the whole community. Get in touch if you would like to help in any way
· working with the Local Authority and public services
· spreading through WalesLinks:
Donate Volunteer Fundraise Contact // Rhoi Gwirfoddoli Codi Arian Cysylltu